What MonoCMS offers:
- Login to your control panel
- Multiple administrator or simple author accounts
- Write blog posts and static pages
- Simple text editor
- Create post tags and categories
- Upload images from your computer
- Create a navigation menu, with 1 sub menu
- Settings include: Website title and description, turn dates on/off,
max upload image size, Dark and Light control panel theme, user icon and description and more...
- Theme editor includes: Header, Main body and Footer layout options, rearrange or turn on/off multiple page elements
- Upload a plugin to upgrade your functionality
- Basically, handle data with PHP code and save them inside xml and htm files. For more details on how MonoCMS works, visit the documentation page
- A User Manual
How to install Monocms
Installing Monocms is easy even for inexperienced users:
You don't need a database to make monocms work. Also, you can place the files anywhere you like, inside any subfolder you prefer. All you have to do is:
- Download the .zip package.
- Extract to your desktop and upload the files to your server( or upload the package and unzip to your server is the same thing...).
If the folder you uploaded the files is your main directory (usually it's the public_html folder), your home page will be http://[yourdomain]/index.php. If it is a folder named 'blog' right under your main directory, your home page is going to be http://[yourdomain]/blog/index.php.
When you first upload Monocms, you must change the password and username but you don't have to do that if you just want to transfer from a directory to another. To change password, you must login using the default username and password and then you can change your password from the settings page and your username from the accounts management page.
Feel free to use and modify the code of MonoCMS, as it comes without any license, not even the Unlicensed or the GNU GPL. The purpose of creating MonoCMS is for the users to benefit from using it. It is not my intention to tell you what you can and what you cannot do with it.
Read more about the license of MonoCMS at http://monocms.com/about-monocms-license